Whilst our hardened steel nozzles are ideal for printing abrasive filaments such as ones loaded with Carbon Fibre, the extreme temperatures can cause the steel to temper and soften, ultimately reducing its abrasion resistance. And then there's our plated copper nozzles, able to cope easily with these immense temperatures but lacking the abrasion resistance required to resist Carbon Fibre. This is where the Nozzle X comes in, a nozzle able to withstand crazy temperatures without softening.
By going with a one-piece all-machined construction we were able to use our existing manufacturing processes to create our carefully tuned internal geometry, which provides fantastic flow response and keep the exact same geometry and compatibility as the rest of the E3D ecosystem.
Benefits of our WS2 ‘polyphobic’ nano-coating:
- Less build up, particularly of sticky and filled materials to the nozzle cone
- Improved first layer reliability; the slick coating has a reduced tendency to ‘drag’ material, particularly at sharp corners where tracks can peel up
- Slicker, smooth top solid layers with a glassy like finish as a result of the smooth laydown of material
- Easier nozzle cleaning, what little material that does adhere is easily wiped away with a paper towel leaving a very clean nozzle.
- carbon fiber
The .6mm Nozzle X prints like a dream come true. Plastic is extruded smoothly with no curling at the tip. There does not seem to be much (if any) plastic sticking to the nozzle. I had to recalibrate live Z, when I replaced a E3D hardened nozzle. I guess its a bit more expensive. In this case, I'd say I'm getting my money's worth. It should last for a long time and make for a more consistent printing experience.
Yes worth it.
Solid nozzles, wear forever, and truly anti-stick. Yes, worth it.
I have yet to use my 0.25 Nozzle but I have the .4 and .6 for e3d nozzle x and they have been an absolute dream!
This is the second time I've had to purchase a replacement nozzle. I print PETG and a lot of carbon fiber based composite materials including PLA, PETG , I'm using a Prusa MK2 bear.
Just installed it a week ago and it has worked very well. Completely satisfied with the purchase.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.