Why is our price different than buying direct from Prusa? Click here to read our article on our pricing.
Introducing Original Prusa Enclosure: Modular box for your 3D printer.
Enclosures mainly help with stabilizing the inner environment and raising ambient temperatures, which is vital for printing materials such as ASA, PC-CF, PP, and others that have a tendency to warp. We also prepared a handful of add-ons that cater to any of your specific needs.
Original Prusa Enclosure is an accessory for your 3D printer that houses your Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ and provides a stable printing environment. The Enclosure helps to reduce odors from certain materials, lowers noise, can be equipped with useful addons for increased safety and/or the possibility to run the printer in public spaces and helps with printing advanced materials due to the passive heat coming from the heatbed (prevents warping). There is enough headroom above the printer inside the enclosure to mount the MMU2S unit.
Everything is included in the package including plastic parts, you don’t need to print anything on your own. The only exception is the handles (seen in some photos) – these are optional and not included in the package because most users won’t need to move the enclosure around. Assembly instructions are included. A 3D printer is not a part of the package.
- Dimensions with the LCD mounted outside: 530 mm (w) × 545 mm (h) × 715 mm (d)
- Dimensions with the LCD inside: 530 mm (w) × 545 mm (h) × 640 mm (d) At least 250 mm is required in front of the enclosure for the doors to fully open
- Enclosure type: Passive, heating provided only by the 3D printer’s heatbed
- Weight: 10,6 kg (23.4 lbs)
- Max stackable units: up to 5 (with more than 3 enclosures, anchoring to a wall is recommended)
- The basic package contains: All components required to build the enclosure (frame parts, transparent side panels, top and bottom panels, mounting material, printer frame brace), temperature sensor, and documentation. Handles and optional 3D-printed accessories seen in some photos are not included in the package.
A Lot of Work but Solid
Assembling the enclosure was a lot of work. We've used other Printed Solid enclosures. Those weren't easy either, but this one was a little harder. It provides a great deal of protection for the printer, not to mention a controlled environment. Fortunately there are great instructions online once you can find them. Don't eat all the gummi bears when you get the enclosure. Instructions will tell you when you can and should eat them. After the setup was finally complete, it is great. It is hard to hear the printer. It does make the printer footprint bigger than I would like, but since these are for our libraries and the public are around them, they are necessary. I'm really impressed by the quality. Just be sure you follow the directions in order. Read them, don't just look at the pictures. You might want to get a few extra gummi bears ;)
Great for stacking
Overall experience is great with this case. Very sturdy, and reliable. My only concern with the case, not enough accessories.
Knowledgeable friendly service.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.