Plated Copper-Alloy Heater Block
These blocks are engineered for ultimate high temperature performance. Made from a special high temperature copper-alloy with a softening point of well above 500C (compared to aluminium blocks which begin to lose integrity beyond 350°C), and much-increased thermal conductivity these copper blocks are perfect for high temperature applications while working perfectly with everyday filaments like PLA, ABS
Print big and fast! The plated copper Volcano upgrades your V6 or Aero HotEnd to print bigger, faster, and stronger parts. Easily swap your heater block out for this block
This listing is for the Plated Copper block only.
Best used with a Plated Copper Volcano nozzle! or Nozzle X
In addition to high temperature performance these blocks have an advanced nickel based plating, this plating considerably reduces the adhesion of plastic to the block. This is great for everyday filaments keeping things clean and shiny, but is particularly important at temperatures above 300°C where a silicone sock can't be used.
Use these blocks with our plated copper nozzles for the ultimate extrusion pairing!
Copper has more than 3x the thermal conductivity of brass, and the copper alloy we use has been hardened and treated to reduce the oxidation that occurs in copper at high temperatures. A small side effect is that the copper's higher thermal conductivity will also slightly increase your heat-up times, but it can provide tighter temperature control as well.
This copper-alloy is very temperature resilient, and will not start to soften or anneal until way beyond 500°C. It's perfect for the high-temperature printing that aluminium heater blocks can't handle.
- Copper-alloy heater block with nickel plating
- Resistant to temperatures beyond 500°C
- Laser-engraved with E3D logo
- Very shiny
- non-stick surface, to repel filament without a silicone sock
- Compatible with sensor cartridges and silicone socks.
- Note: silicone socks are not intended for use at temperatures exceeding 300°C. Similarly, upgrade to a PT100 if you are printing at high temperatures.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.