Ultimaker S3 Dual Extrusion 3D Printer
Ultimaker S3 Dual Extrusion 3D Printer
For a 3D Printer at this level, we advise a quick phone call or in store visit to determine if this is the right machine for you before ordering. Call us at 302-439-0098 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Introducing the Ultimaker S3 – the newest addition to our S-line of 3D printers
It's often said: "Bigger is better".
Turns out – with the new Ultimaker S3 – that's just not the case!
Inside an efficiently small footprint suitable for any desk, the Ultimaker S3 delivers composite-ready dual extrusion that you can rely on. And we've packed it full of our latest, market-leading technology, making it is as easy-to-use as it is powerful.
The result? The Ultimaker S3 offers the most cost-effective way for businesses to adopt in-house 3D printing – and it's available today.
Reliability. It runs in the family
To be worthy of the S-line name, the Ultimaker S3 had a lot to live up to.
Its big brother, the Ultimaker S5, might only be 18 months old. But already it’s won multiple awards and become a daily driver for thousands of engineers and designers around the world. Creating functional prototypes, manufacturing aids, and end-use parts – if global brands need a turn-key 3D printing experience with almost unlimited material choice, they've chosen the Ultimaker S5.
But what if your company isn’t a world-famous brand with an R&D budget to match? What if your workplace only has space for smaller 3D printers? Or what if this is the first time you've considered in-house 3D printing, and you need a robust machine that's easy to use?
Then the Ultimaker S3 is for you.
We've taken many of the best features from the Ultimaker S5 and combined them into a smaller, more affordable device. The Ultimaker S3 delivers the same high-quality, composite-ready dual extrusion, with the same market-leading reliability and ease of use – just with a smaller build volume (230 x 190 x 200 mm or 9.1 x 7.4 x 7.9 inches). Need more info? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in to Printed Solid for a hands on demonstration.
3D printing performance you can rely on
From the ground up, every detail of the Ultimaker S3 has been designed and built to deliver the S-line print quality you would expect. Inside the Ultimaker S3, you'll find:
- Reinforced feeder wheels made from coated, hardened steel. These enable abrasion-resistant 3D printing for high-strength parts using glass or carbon fiber composites (when paired with Ultimaker print core CC Red)
- Dual filament flow sensors that increase your print success rate. If you run out of filament, they pause your print and notify you to add a new spool
- Advanced active leveling that ensures easy and reliable first-layer adhesion. Begin a print job and get on with your work, thanks to precise build area probing and Z-height build plate compensation at the start of every print job
- High-accuracy stepper drivers taken directly from the Ultimaker S5. These high-precision drivers are quieter than the Ultimaker 3 and run more reliably to consistently provide high-quality prints
Beyond that, the Ultimaker S3 has been further optimized for its form factor. These small features work together to improve the 3D printing experience:
- Rigid printer frame reduces small vibrations (or ringing) while printing to improve overall print quality
- Single glass door with a magnetic latch provides a more controlled build environment and reduces the risk of warping or delamination
- Optimized internal design allowing both dual extrusion nozzles to reach the whole build area, and maintaining a high build-volume-to-size ratio
- Internal power supply removes the need to make space for a power brick. It also makes the setup process easy across all S-line 3D printers
Award-winning control at your fingertips
Making that workflow even easier, the Ultimaker S3 also features the same 4.7-inch (11.9 cm) touchscreen as the Ultimaker S5. This intuitive UI won a 2019 iF Design Award for its usability.
Displaying step-by-step setup, navigation, and maintenance, it reduces the learning curve and makes adoption faster. In fact, customers have told us that they feel confident to start printing their own designs after only a 30-minute introduction. So there's no need to spend money on a dedicated operator.
Conclusion: Professional performance for any budget
We've done the math. And with its low annual cost of ownership, the Ultimaker S3 offers an affordable entry to professional 3D printing, making ROI easy and fast to achieve.
This means that entrepreneurs and SMEs can now get more bang for their buck than ever before. And those who want to drive innovation using additive manufacturing now have a lower barrier to entry – without needing to compromise on performance.