FREE SHIPPING IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S. ON ORDERS OVER $30
Safety Enclosure Kit Parts for Ultimaker 2 Go
This is a tamper resistant enclosure kit for the Ultimaker 2 Go 3D Printer.
Help regulate the temperature and reduce drafts for improved print quality and keep curious fingers (or paws) off of your print. You also get a slight reduction in the already low noise output of the Ultimaker printer.
The kit includes an instruction sheet, the laser cut panels, door lock, and fasteners. The Ultimaker GO 3D printer is not included with the enclosure kit. If you are looking to get one, we have them available for purchase here.
Some of the features of the design that we think are really neat:
- Lift off enclosure box on top.
- Hinged doors that attaches easily to existing mounting points on front of printer.
- Includes lock for door.
- When closed, door covers front opening, control dial, and SD card to prevent curious hands from tampering with your printer while in operation.
- We have built in a location for mounting a 40mm fan to vent air from the chamber. You would use this to manage fumes. Some designs use things like HEPA filters to reduce films for things like ABS, HEPA filters are not rated for the ultrafine particles (UFP) that people are concerned about with ABS. A better approach for managing these particles (aside from simply not using ABS) is to maintain a small pressure differential so that the enclosure is at a lower pressure than the room and particles do not flow out. You would then tie this exhaust into exhaust leaving the room. Don't want that feature? Simply tape over the holes.
- That sweet laser engraved PrintedSolid.com logo on the front. You know you want that, right? OK. If you don't like it, we include a sticker in each order to cover it up... or you could use your own.
- No glue is required for assembly. However, acrylic can be readily solvent welded, so you can easily fix a piece if you break it. (of course we can get you a replacement part too, but in a pinch...)
- No drilling, cutting, or other modifications to the printer itself are required.