Prusament Resin Tough Sandstone Model 1 kg
Prusament Resin Tough Sandstone Model 1 kg
Our priorities were pretty much clear from the beginning: we wanted to make a high-quality resin that would be easy to print, with high detail, the lowest possible odor, and health risk. Our research gave us the possibility to control and select every ingredient to make a resin with desired properties, especially with as low negative health effects as possible.
The health aspect seemed essential to us since regular tough resins are frequently used for hobby purposes at home. That’s why we tried to avoid chemicals with a strong odor, health risks, high toxicity, and also mixtures containing Bisphenol-A. The final product is a resin with a lower odor and health impact, compared to the other products on the market.
Printing with the Original Prusa SL1S SPEED
Prusament Resin itself is perfectly usable with third-party MSLA 3D printers. However, it was tailor-made for the Original Prusa SL1S SPEED. In combination with SL1S, you’ll get astonishing speed without losing any print details! Thanks to the monochromatic display and fast tilt mechanism it’s possible to print with exposure as short as 2.4s per layer! SL1S SPEED will help you make models with amazing details and much quicker than with other machines, FFF/FDM printers included!
Material type and color
For now, we offer tough resins which are good mostly for printing tiny parts with great detail, for example, plastic models, action figures, jewelry, various prototypes, etc. You may buy the Prusament tough resin in a plethora of colors including Prusa Orange, Rich Black, Anthracite Grey, and more. But don’t worry, our plans are big and in the future, we’ll extend our portfolio with other colors and types of material!
1.6 - 2.4s per layer, depending on the object complexity
| + Print reliability
+ Short exposure time (2.4s)
+ Great print detail
+ Good deformation resistance
+ Low health impact
+ Does not contain Bisphenol A
|- Non-recyclable material
- The uncured resin might pose a health risk
- Low temperature resistance (50 °C)
Examples of use
Model & hobby
Thanks to the high level of detail, this material is suitable for tiny and detailed action models, prototypes, and large project accessories. Material can be easily sanded, both dry and wet.
Prusament Tough Resin can be used for making both simple and more complex molds. You can either print a master model to make a mold from it or you can print the mold itself, for example for casting silicone.
Low odor, easy usage, and low health impact make Prusament Tough Resin great for printing detailed educational models.
Art & design
The ability to print very delicate structures makes Prusament Tough Resin suitable for designers and artists. Prusament Tough Resin offers both simplicity and precision.
Safety precautions and manipulation with resin
Before you start using Prusament Tough Resin, don’t forget to read the material safety data sheet (MSDS) uploaded at prusament.com. Here, we sum up only a few tips that might make your life with resin a little easier. ;-)
- Always remember that despite our hardest efforts, all liquid resins still might pose a health risk. Use protective equipment, especially gloves, every time you work with resin. Prevent contact with skin, eyes, and mouth.
- Accidents happen even to the most experienced users. If resin gets on your printer, table, or anything else, don’t wait and clean it immediately with paper towels and isopropyl alcohol (IPA), before it gets cured by the daylight.
- Strangely enough, there is not much information available about waste disposal and recycling 3D printed products. Let’s sum up how we deal with resin waste: Uncured resin leftovers should be disposed of with other dangerous chemicals at places designated for it. It cannot be recycled and definitely should not end in general waste.
The same rule applies to bottles, paper towels, and models stained with liquid (uncured) resin. However, cured resin (reactoplastic material) is, unlike filaments (thermoplastic material), a non-recyclable material - it belongs in the general waste.
Would you like to know more about the parameters of Prusament Tough Resin? Don’t forget to see our resin section at prusament.com. We believe that our resin will help you to make nice and amazing prints. We’re looking forward to seeing your great ideas.
Safety Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.