Proto-Pasta Double Espresso Metallic Brown HTPLA 2.85mm X- 500g
Premium filament for world-class quality, finish & performance.
- Automotive-inspired metallic finish for layer-hiding texture without finishing.
- High performance HTPLA with stability up to 160C (320F) after heat-treating.
- Adaptable to most PLA-compatible 3D printers accepting 3rd party materials.
- Crafted in the USA with consideration for man, machine & the environment.
- Available in 1.75 & 2.85 (3) mm diameter on a 500g diameter recyclable cardboard spool
- Usable on most PLA-compatible printers, such as Makerbot, FlashForge, Dremel, Ultimaker, Printrbot, and more!
No abrasive fillers so expect normal wear with standard nozzles.
In our experience, good results were achieved using standard PLA parameters ranging from 195-225C nozzle with standard build surface preparation (blue tape, glue stick, or BuildTak). No heated bed required but up to 60C is okay. Beware, if the bed temperature is too high, your part base could actually heat treat while printing, increasing warping and decreasing adhesion. Some shrinkage will occur in the heat treating process, so dimension critical parts may need to be scaled appropriately (as much as 2.5% in our experience).