We have opened our Learn how to use a 3D Printer and Keep it class to people who would like to bring their own printers.
Each session will run for approximately 5-6 hours at Printed Solid, 2850 Ogletown Rd, Newark, DE. Typically we hold these on Saturday mornings and will arrange a date for you after purchase.
This is a full day session where you will bring your own printer and learn how to use it like a pro!
It's going to be intense, but you will get your moneys worth! The goal of this course is for you to walk out confident in how to operate your printer and make awesome prints from day 1. Basically, we're going to try to condense your first several months worth of trial and error into one day.
Attendance is limited to 4 users so that all get adequate individual attention.
We'll cover the following.
- How to calibrate your printer for best results.
- Run your first print!
- A very brief overview of 3D Modeling.
- Overview of sources to download models from and how to identify usable models.
- Introduction to the slicer program including an overview of what all settings mean and how to use them. We'll focus on Cura, but will provide an overview of other options and why you may want to consider them.
- How to repair typical machine problems.
- A process for systematically identifying and correcting print problems.
- An overview of common upgrades for this printer.
- Materials 101. An overview of different filament options.
You will need to bring:
- Yourself. Awake. Alert. Ready to make awesome.
- Your 3D Printer. Please contact us to advise which printer you are bringing.
- In some rare instances, a printer may be so proprietary we may not be able to include it in the class. We are teaching using Cura as a slicer, so Zortrax, Makerbot 5th Gen, XYZ Printing, and M3D are some examples of printers that we cannot work with in this class. The vast majority of source machines are acceptable.
- A computer with Cura and Netfabb Basic installed.
What you receive: