LDO Voron V0.1 Printer Kit *Pre-Order* -- READ DESCRIPTION BEFORE ORDERING --
By Printed Solid
Batch one orders have all shipped.
Batch two orders open till 4/18/22.
Pre-Order cancellation after 4/18/22 Midnight EST will have a 10% fee.
Ordered Kits should ship from LDO to Printed Solid by early May. This makes customer delivery sometime in June.
Delays are possible which might extend delivery up to 60 days
Does not include the Raspberry Pi or 3D printed parts
Not available to our customers in Canada due to customs/export/import concerns.
Voron v0.1 Printer Kit by LDO.
Free Upgrade to Printed Solids Black Aluminum Composite Material Panel set and 3mm Acrylic Panel Set. will be included
>If you want White instead please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
Features & Extras
- Stainless Steel Linear Rails - That's right, no more worrying about rusty rails. You'll still want to grease these rails, but you can do it at the end of your build.
- Machined Rail Nuts - Our kit includes 5 custom machined T nuts to secure the linear rails onto the extrusions, (no need to fiddle with tiny m2 nuts on a thin plastic part)
- Brass Insert Tool - We've included a custom machined brass tip for your soldering iron, use it to install heatset inserts with ease! Check here for more information.
- Pre-cut & Pre-wired - Our kit includes all necessary wiring: cut to just the right length and pre-crimped or soldered to their respective parts. See our supplementary wiring guide here.
- Two Types of Nuts - We've included both black oxide hex nuts and stainless square nuts in our kit, use whichever type you prefer.
- Partially Threaded Screws - The small pack of partially threaded SHCS screws (M3x30/x35) are for the mini-afterburner, they help reduce wear on the idler and Latch parts.
- Hex Wrenches - We found that 1.5mm hex wrenches wear out easily, so we threw in a bunch of them. However, you should definitely still buy a set of good quality hex wrenches.
- 2mm Drill Bit - Metric drill bits may not be very common in some parts of the world, so we included one. Use it to ream the filament path in your printed extruder parts.
- Take advantage of the Voron on Discord: https://discord.gg/voron. The community is very active on Discord and the users are very helpful on the #voron_0_questions channel.
- Download Fusion 360 and get a free license to view the 3D model of the printer. The 3D model is a very useful reference when the manual is ambiguous or unclear.
- Check out Nero 3DP's Youtube channel, he has a ton of videos on assembling Voron printers.
- Get a serial number once you finish building your Voron.
- Printed Parts Guide (LDO supplement) - Are you planning on printing parts before the kit arrives? Read our supplementary print guide to see which parts to print/replace/omit.
- Wiring Guide - We created this supplementary wiring guide to make wiring your printer a breeze.
- Nuts in 1515 Extrusions - See our 1515 short nut guide here for tips on handling nuts in 1515 aluminum extrusions.
I am building this product and it is great quality. I was missing a part and the folks at Printed solid reacted immediately. I received it from LDO in a few short days. Thank you. I will be frequenting your business in the future.
Well thought out kit, with quality parts. One minor issue.
It's apparent no corners were cut when LDO put this kit together. In the past I purchased the parts specified by the Voron team, and all the parts in this kit were of the same quality. The LDO specific add-ons, like the rail nuts, partial thread screws, and the included tools, were welcome additions to the kit. I highly recommend getting the Printed Solid aluminum composite panel kit, they were a tighter fit than those provided with the kit, and they look better, however, the ones provided by LDO were fine. The only minor issue was that after cleaning a few times, the printed label on the textured PEI build plate adhered itself to one of my prints. I used acetone to remove the remainder of the label without any damage to the build plate.
High quality kit
Good components, well packaged, overall happy with the kit
Terrific kit for exceptional machine
The kit is as good as if not better than sourcing everything yourself only way less effort. The v0 is a bit harder to assemble due to the compact size. Do yourself a favor and look for the No-drop Nut Mod, I found it to late but it’ll save you a ton of time. Its my first experience with LDO motors and they knocked it out of the park! I also chose to upgrade to the Printed Solid panels which are equally as impressive.
Really Nice Kit
This was a very nicely packaged kit that contains all of the hardware and electronics needed to build the V0.1, and is much more convenient than having to self source all of the individual components. I was lucky enough to get one of the first round of kits, but I did run into a few hiccups along the way and over the past couple months of use. Perhaps they are just growing pains associated with the early kits? There are the two minor issues I ran into, and even with these I would definitely buy the kit again. The first issue I had during assembly was that one of the frame pieces was slightly bent. A few minutes with a rubber mallet some wooden blocks and a granite countertop (for flatness) and that was easily fixed. The second issue that has come to light after a few months of use was with the wiring harness for the mini AB fans. The wires for both the part cooling fan and the hotend fan have soldered connections in the part of the harness that flexes between the strain relief on the Mini AB and the chassis. Both of these connections have failed and needed to be cut out and re-soldered. Like I said above, both of these issues were minor in comparison to the kit, and if I were going to build another V0.1, I would most likely purchase another of these kits.