LDO Full Bear 2.1 Upgrade Kit for MK2S / MK2.5S / MK3S
- Compatible with Original Prusa i3 MK2(S), MK2.5(S) and MK3(S) printers
- Compatible with many extruders such as the Original Prusa, BearExxa, BearMera, (E3D Hemera) and Bondtech Prusa Upgrade extruders.
- Reuses as many parts, from your original printer, as possible
- Sturdy frame for faster printing
- Made from high quality aluminum extrusions
- Custom designed, stronger and rust free t-nuts
- Improved accuracy
- Reduced noise level
- Easy to build, use and maintain
- Built to last
- Precisely engineered printed parts
- Thoroughly tested during development
- Highly configurable and customizable
- Detailed documentation
- Supported by an active and broad based community
- Truly open source
New features since the Bear Frame 2.0 release
- Significantly improved assembly guide and documentation
- Single frame for all Prusa versions (same frame as Full Bear 2.0 MK3)
- New stiffer Y axis with tensioner
- New stiffer Z axis
- Improved X and Y axis homing accuracy
- Improved Z axis alignment and assembly
- Reduced Y axis stepper noise for MK3(S)
- New build helpers for Y and Z axis
- Support for all stock Prusa PSUs
- Custom designed, sturdier t-nuts
- Shorter LCD supports
- New custom LCD cover
- Nicer and more resistant end caps
- Easier assembly of printed parts
- Improved wire management with new cable clips
- Stiffer mounts for Rambo Mini/Einsy cover
- Compatible with E3D Gates idlers as well as with 9mm belt
What is in the kit
The kit contains all the extrusions, screws and nuts to upgrade an Original Prusa printer, you will only have to print the plastic parts yourself. Note that some of the screws and nuts from your Original Prusa printer will be reused.
Download, assembly guide and documentation
Printed parts, assembly guide and print settings can be find at https://guides.bear-lab.com/c/Frame .
- hex wrench
- Ali Express
- i3 printer
- Full Bear 2.1
- rock solid
- Prusa MK2s
Prusa MK3s to bear 2.1 upgrade
The Kit came with 1 defected part but was quickly resolved by printedsolid.com support team. Kudos! I had printed all the necessary parts before making the transfer so installation was relatively easy and trouble free. It is definitely stiffer compare to original Prusa frame. I thought the movement noise would be significantly lower but the improvements was not as much as I had hope for. Overall it’s an improvement but the money could be better spent else where.
If your looking to upgrade your prusa or build your own i3 style printer this is a great frame to do it on. The quality is perfect. You won't regret it
LDO Full Bear 2.1 Upgrade
The quality of the extrusions was much better than those from Ali Express. The only problem was some of the screws would not fit a hex wrench and had to be replaced.
While being one of the only places with this upgrade in stock, I'm completely happy with it. My i3 printer is rock solid now and they shipped in no time at all!
Only thing on my printer working exactly as expected.
I've been fighting with my direct to full bear prusa mk3s. The frame is the only assembly that hasn't given me problems.