ColorFabb HT 2.85mm x 700g White
HT is the next copolyester developed in partnership with colorFabb and the Eastman Chemical Company. It is part of the Amphora 3D line of Eastman polymers with NGEN and _XT.
In 2013 Eastman and Helian Polymers entered a joint development program in order to develop new unique 3D Printing materials for Desktop 3D Printing. Many formulations of specialty polyesters have been tested for functionality, printability and safe printing.
This is a high temperature material and may not be within the printing range of every machine. If you're not sure if your printer is capable of using this material, ask us.
HT provides the following benefits:
- Use temperature of printed parts is good to about 100C (Glass Transition for polymer people).
- Strong and Tough Material
- Works best with a 100-110C build plate.
- Layer adhesion is amazing.
- No odor during printing.
- Properties of printed part maintain a significant percentage of mechanical properties of the molded / extruded material, so this is a great option for printing simulations of parts that will be injection molded in a copolyester.
Advised 3D printing temperature:
250-280C - Varies by hot end type. If infill is breaking apart, you will need to decrease speed or increase temperature.
Advised 3D print speed:
00-50 mm/s - Varies by hot end type. If infill is breaking apart, you will need to decrease speed or increase temperature.
Advised Heated bed:
For colorFabb_XT we advice to print on a heated bed. After printing, the build plate needs to cool down to about 20-30 C at which point you can remove the printed part.
Some users with Borosilicate Glass beds have reported taking chips out of the bed with copolyesters. Here is a solution to consider if that happens to you.
Each spool contains a minimum of 750g filament neatly wound onto a large diameter spool. The spools are shrinkwrapped, boxed, and then shrinkwrapped again.