The Duet Smart Effector Version 4.0 Available now for delta printers allows the hotend to be used as a Z probe giving fantastic accuracy across the whole delta build area by eliminating the effect of tilt. It uses precision PCB manufacturing to ensure equal hole spacing between the effector and the carriages on the towers, further improving accuracy.
Compatible with the
E3d Revo Micro Hotend
E3d Beta Threaded Heatsink for E3d v6 Components
Compatible with Haydn Huntley’s Magball delta arms. We have 360mm arms and ball-studs as a separate listing.
- Supplied with 3 PCB carriage adapters with 20mm mounting hole spacing compatible with common linear rails and wheel carriages.
- The smart effector simplifies wiring of hotend components with plug connectors from thermistor and fans along with a screw terminal for the heater cartridge. Molex and microfit connections are then used for wiring looms back to the control electronics. Crimp pins and housings are supplied for all connections
- Optionally a genuine e3d V6 kit for 1.75mm filament with PT100 or thermistor can be added, not including the heatsink as that is supplied as standard. (24V available by default)
- On board LEDs for print illumination are compatible with either 12V or 24V power supplies with a jumper selecting the voltage.
More detail is available in the documentation.
- diameter build area
- Kossel Delta
- LED lights
- Wire management
- paper tests
- Mosquito Magnum
Duet Smart Effector- Best thing I ever did to my Delta!
I'd already previously converted my Tevo little Monster to linear rails and magball arms, but still felt my bed level could be better. Switching from and offset bed probe to using the Smart Effector reduced my bed leveling from +/- 0.15mm across the 340mm diameter bed to +/- 0.021! It eliminated all tilt issue induced errors! LOVE IT!
Smart and... Effective
The bigger the printer, the lighter the moving components need to be. For my extreme Kossel Delta build (780mm height x 580mm diameter build area), I needed to go very light to retain the speed and accuracy I wanted. This effector, combined with a flex drive extruder and Mosquito Magnum hotend, made a perfect combination. Wire management is a snap, and the probe is built right in. The included LED lights are a great bonus. My only issue is that the LED lights are powered by the same circuit as the heatsink fan, and I don't typically run that at full speed since the Mosquito Magnum doesn't need it, so the LEDs can be a bit dim at times. Beyond that, I'm entirely satisfied with this product.
No more manual calibration!
No more online calculators and paper tests. This thing is awesome! Hard to make a wip for this, but it’s working!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.