Duet 3 Toolboard
The Duet 3 Toolboard is a CAN-FD connected expansion board for the Duet 3 Mainboard that is designed to provide complete control for a direct drive extruder. The mounting holes and connector locations match an e3d Hermera, however it can be used with other direct drive extruders with suitable brackets. The stepper motor, heater, temperature sensor, fans and optionally Z probe and filament monitor all connect to the Duet 3 Toolboard, leaving only CAN-FD and power wires to run back to the Duet 3 Mainboard or Tool Distribution Board.
The documentation contains more details, a summary of the feature set is here:
- ARM Cortex M0+ processor running at 48MHz
- One TMC2209 stepper driver with stall detection and stealthChop. Maximum output current 2A peak, 1.4A RMS
- One medium current output intended for extruder heater, maximum current 5A
- One 3-wire 12V fan output (also accept 2-wire fan)
- One 4-wire 12V fan output (also accepts 2-wire fan)
- Two thermistor or PT1000 inputs. One uses a 16-bit ADC for high resolution reading of PT1000 sensors.
- One 3-pin filament monitor connector
- One Z-probe connector
- Two push buttons and indication LEDs
- 12 to 32V power input
- On-board 12V, 5V and 3.3V regulators
- CAN-FD interconnect to main controller board and other Toolboards or expansion boards
We are including the connector pack as well:
- 3-way JST ZH tail 150mm with plug (optional filament monitor connector)
- 4-way JST ZH tail 150mm with plug (CAN in)
- 4-way JST PH tail 300mm with plug (motor connector)
- 2-way JST VH housing & crimps
- White single ferrules for heater screw terminals
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.